Plan Your Kitchen Renovation
Your kitchen is one of the most used spaces in your house, and having a kitchen that fits your lifestyle is essential. Planning your kitchen renovation involves many steps and considerations. The following steps will help you plan the perfect kitchen:
1. Create Your Wishlist
The first, and most important, stage in designing your new kitchen is to create a wishlist.
In your wishlist, you should include:
- Clippings and photos of kitchen features, designs, and layouts that you like. You can search online at Houzz, Pinterest, and other websites for inspiration
- Make notes about your current kitchen: what works and what doesn’t; what you like and dislike
- List your desired colours and finishes
- List any elements in your kitchen that you would like to highlight or hide
2. Select Your Kitchen Style
It’s time to decide what style of cabinets you’d like in your new kitchen. At Sutcliffe Kitchens, our cabinet styles primarily fall within the following four categories:
- Country Inspired
For inspiration, check out our Project Gallery or visit our showroom to see examples of each style.
For help determining and understanding your style, download our Kitchen Style Guide.
3. Develop A Floor Plan
This is an optional step, as our team will ensure that your space is professionally measured before formalizing your plan. However, you may want to sketch a rough floor plan of your space as a starting point. This will help you decide the type of layout you want and what will work within your space.
Here are some tips for measuring your space:
- Dimensions: Measure the length and width of your room and include wall height if you are able
- Make note of window and door openings
- Make note of existing plumbing and electrical outlets
- Make note of light switches
- If you are intending to keep your appliances, measure their height and width
4. Determine Your Budget
Before you make an appointment with us, it’s important to have an understanding of your renovation budget. Knowing your budget upfront will help determine whether we can perform a complete kitchen renovation or if we need to adjust the plan to accommodate just the key upgrades.
5. Book An Appointment
Once you’ve taken these steps, book an appointment with us! Our team will walk you through our showroom and show you how we can make your dream kitchen a reality.