5 Ways Kitchen Renovations Can Increase The Value Of Your Home
When it comes to assessing the value of your home, your kitchen is the most important room with regards to valuation.
Having an up to date, modern and functional kitchen can increase the aesthetic appeal of your home while also adding to the overall value of your property. Attracting prospective buyers is also much easier when you have invested in creating a kitchen that speaks to modern design trends and current technologies.
Here are several ways you can invest in your kitchen to increase the value of your home:
- Modern Appliances and Kitchen Technologies – Having up to date appliances in your kitchen is a surefire way to increase the value of your home. Stainless steel appliances offer great aesthetic appeal but also demonstrate that the kitchen is optimally functional for the modern family.
- Bright and Light Design – When it comes to modern design, bright and light kitchen spaces are desirable and attractive. White walls or white cabinets will also help make the space look larger and give it a more airy, open feel.
- Granite or Solid Surface Counter Tops – Quality countertops are an investment in the overall value of your home but also the functionality and appearance of your kitchen. Granite and quartz countertops are sturdy, reliable, and add to the overall design of the kitchen.
- Minimal Cabinets and Under-Cabinet Lighting Systems – Installing new and modern cabinets is a great way to increase property value if you are planning to sell in the future. Lighter colour cabinets that are simple and appealing are a great way to make your space that much more appealing.
- Soft-Close Drawers and Doors – When it comes to functionality, soft-close drawers and doors are a relatively simple feature that will take your kitchen to the next level. Not only will this feature create a more peaceful kitchen experience but it will reduce the amount of wear and tear that is possible with drawers and doors slamming against the frames.
Upgrading your kitchen with home value in mind does not have to involve major renovations, there are lots of design ideas that can be incorporated into an existing space. Small features like soft-close drawers and brightly painted walls can increase the appeal of your kitchen while adding to the overall value of your property. Contact us to learn more about how you can increase the value of your home with kitchen renovations or minor updates.